Use the following copy editor resume sample as a guide to create your own professional resume. This example copy editor resume should be personalized to reflect your own career history, job experience, qualifications, skills and education.
Excellent Copy Editor and supervisor of copy editors seeking a new position in a fast moving organization.
Summary of Qualifications
- Managing a crew of editors and juggling tasks to get a job done on time.
- Writing accurate, easy-to-read headlines and stories.
- Improving copy with a light touch that doesn’t change a writer’s style.
- Condensing information quickly and working under deadline pressure.
- Supervised a crew of copy editors for the metro desk.
- Assigning stories to editors with the most expertise, then reviewing the headlines and editing accordingly.
- Rewrote headlines if necessary and gave a final check for accuracy, smoothness and libel issues.
- Designed pages, wrote headlines, edited stories and recipes, and did major rewrites for some columnists.
School Name – Major – Year Graduated